X$DUltra® 841 IEC
GE’s X$D Ultra® 841 IEC motors build on more than 20 years of
industry experience in extra severe duty motor applications. They are
specifically designed with features that meet or exceed the intent of
IEEE 841-2009, the “gold standard” for the petrochemical and
process industries. What is the IEEE 841-2009 standard, and what does this mean for your application? It means that each X$D Ultra 841 IEC motor delivers even more. Many of the specified materials and components in this standard stem from experience with severely corrosive atmospheres and the necessity for safe, quiet, reliable, high efficiency motors.
Features and Benefits
GEGARD Insulation System
Features Class H insulation materials that increases motor protection
against IGBT drive voltage spikes. Exceeds both the IEEE 841-2009
specification and the requirements of NEMA MG1-31. Our X$D Ultra 841
insulation systems comes inverter duty ready, right out of the box.
Six Star Bearing System ™
A key component in motor operation and longevity is the bearing system.
The GE Six Star Bearing System has been designed to significantly reduce
the potential for bearing failure. Vibration has been reduced to an industry
leading 0.04 ips, reducing a leading cause of bearing failure. Regreasing
consideration has been made easy with extended greasing provisions,
which provides motor users the improved ability to regrease these motors
when they are installed in the application.
A five year warranty comes standard with every IEEE 841 X$D Ultra motor
(60 months operational/66 months maximum from shipment). Rugged cast
iron frame, conduit box, endshields & fan cover provide added protection
not found in most motors in the market place.
• IE3 Premium Efficiency
• Inverter duty capability
• GEGARD2400™ insulation system
• Six Star Bearing System™
• Low vibration / provisions for vibration monitoring
• Low Class B temperature rise
• Cast iron construction
• 5 Year Warranty
• 4-point Cast-in lifting lugs
• Extended grease fittings
X$D Ultra® 841 IEC
What is the IEEE 841-2009 standard, and what does this mean for your application?
Many of the specified materials and components in this standard stem from experience with severely corrosive atmospheres and the necessity for safe, quiet, reliable, high efficiency motors.
It means that each X$D Ultra 841 IEC motor delivers even more.
X$D Ultra 841 EC vibration standard of 1.4 mm/sec peak is 50% less than IEEE 841-2009 standard of 2.03 mm/sec, plus the total shaft runout does not exceed 0.025mm for shaft,diameters up to 41 mm, and 0.038 mm for those greater than 41 mm for ball bearing machines. These factors help extend the life of the motor and connected equipment.
Training & Support
How does it work?
• The steel reinforced recessed slinger, integrated into the drive end and non-drive end, ensures IP55 protection of the bearing system.
• Low temperature rise designs help increase bearing life, and are on average 15% cooler than the class B 80˚C rise specified
by the IEEE 841-2009 standard.
• Sound levels of <90 dBA meet or exceed the requirements set by the IEEE 841-2009 standard.
• A rigorous 5 point test report of each motor ensures the X$D Ultra 841 IEC meets the demanding performance requirements for harsh
• Epoxy ester paint system meets the IEEE specification and stands up to the corrosive environments of the petrochemical and process industries.
• The non-hygroscopic, chemical and humidity resistant insulation system ensures long and reliable operation.
What problems does it solve?
No data available in table
View OEM Site
1 Adeola Odeku Street
South Atlantic Petroleum Towers
Victoria Island | Lagos | Nigeria
Tel: +234 1904 9589, +234 (0) 909 026 0055
Lagos Branch Office
15, Ogundana Street | Off Allen Avenue |
Ikeja | Lagos | Nigeria
Stay Connected With Us!
GCA Energy Staff Email
Access Email Service
Port Harcourt Branch Office
29A Elelenwo Street |
GRA Phase 1 |
Port Harcourt | Rivers State | Nigeria